Saffron Hall is built within the grounds of Saffron Walden County High School, a local comprehensive of exceptional quality.
Saffron Walden County High School is a local comprehensive school and committed to providing education of exceptional quality for the community it serves.
The school aims to:
- Attain standards of achievement that reflect the fact that all students have reached their full academic potential and achieved their personal best
- Promote the maximum opportunities for success by each student through excellent teaching and personalised learning
- Provide a secure and caring community that encourages academic ambition alongside respect and responsibility for all
- Provide inspirational and motivational leadership which offers clear direction and shared objectives, and management which maximises potential through valuing, supporting and developing people
- Promote outstanding personal development opportunities for all students through a rich and varied programme of extra-curricular activities, including community engagement.
The realisation of these aims can be seen in the School’s examination results, university successes, drama and musical performances, sporting activities, and the many and varied activities in which pupils are involved.
SWCHS was designated as a National Teaching School in March 2013. Teaching schools are expected to play a leading role in driving school improvement in their local area as well as delivering outstanding ITE (Initial Teacher Education) and professional development programmes.
Read more about Saffron Walden County High School.