Welcome back to Saffron Hall!
We are so excited to welcome you back to Saffron Hall this autumn. Our socially distanced events will function differently from normal, so we have put together these FAQs to answer your questions about the new set-up and help make you aware of the safety measures which will be in place during your visit.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- If you or any of your household or bubble are showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the run up to an event, we ask that you DO NOT visit Saffron Hall. Please instead contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or ringing 01799 588545 and we will arrange a refund for the cost of your tickets.
- We will be supporting NHS Test and Trace. Please note that by booking for a socially distanced event, you agree that your contact details may be shared by NHS Test and Trace if requested by NHS England. If you are not happy for us to share your contact details with NHS Test and Trace, please let us know directly.
- Other safety measure in place include socially distanced table and balcony seating, staggered arrival times, contactless ticket scanning, refreshments available by pre-order and required face coverings for staff and audience members. You can find more information about all of these below.
Do I have to book in advance?
We are not able to offer a physical box office service at socially-distanced performances so tickets must be booked in advance.
Can I pick my tickets up at Saffron Hall?
We are not able to offer a ticket collection service at the moment. Instead, we will send your tickets to you as a PDF attached to an email. If we have your mobile number, we will also send you a pre-show text message with a link to your digital tickets on the day of the performance.
I have only been sent one ticket but there are two or more people in my party?
For table seating, there is one ticket per table regardless of how many people are in your party. Please arrive and take your seats with your whole party together.
Before you arrive
When should I arrive?
Arrival times are staggered to avoid crowding in the foyer. Please check your ticket to find the arrival time for your party.
What should I bring with me?
Please bring either a printed or digital copy of your tickets which we will have emailed you or sent you by text. You will be asked to scan the square barcode on these tickets when you enter the auditorium so it is helpful to have them to hand when you arrive. We ask that you also bring a face covering to wear inside the building until you are seated in the auditorium.
At Saffron Hall
How will socially distanced seating work in Saffron Hall?
Saffron Hall will be set up differently from usual to allow for socially distanced seating. The stalls seating bank will be removed and the orchestra pit will be covered, with audience members seated on cabaret tables in front of a raised stage area. Each table will be at least 2 metres apart and, depending on the event, there may also be single seats available for purchase in the balcony.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Please wear a face covering inside Saffron Hall unless you are drinking in in your seat in the auditorium.
Where should I park and what door should I use?
When you arrive you can park as normal and enter using any external door. If you are sat at a table, please enter the auditorium through the double doors in the main foyer next to the box office. If you are seated in the balcony, please enter using the stairs by the bar.
Will toilet facilities be available?
Yes, the toilets in the foyer will be available for use before and after the performance.
Will there be food and drink available?
Any refreshments available at your event will be available to pre-order only. You can pre-order refreshments for your event up to 90mins before the start of the performance online using the link included in your pre-show text message. These will be waiting for you at your seat when you arrive. Regrettably due to license restrictions, we are not able to sell alcoholic drinks for performances that begin before 6pm on weekdays.
Our accessible seating and access discounts will function differently from normal for these events due to the new configuration of the hall.
- All tables on the ground floor of the auditorium have step-free access.
- BUT some tables may be tall tables with bar stools, which are not suitable for wheelchair users and may not be suitable for those with other physical access needs. To find out what kind of table you are booking for, just hover your mouse over the table in the seating plan when you book online or ask a member of our box office over the phone.
- Some events will be sold on a ‘price per table’ rather than ‘price per attender’ basis. In these cases, we will not be offering an essential companion discount, as it will not cost any more to bring additional people.
Please note that the set-up and layout of our socially distanced events is likely to change on an event-by-event basis, so if you have any questions about specific events, or access in general, please give Emma a ring on 01799 588545 or send her an email at email@example.com.